- How long does it take to do the test?
– The test will take about one hour.
- What do I need to bring with me for the test?
– Depend on the testing centre, you probably do not need to bring anything for the test. In addition, please do note that no dictionaries will be allowed.
- How much does it cost to take the test?
– The current cost is $175
- How will be test be marked?
– Your test will be sent and marked by two (2) trained assessors at authorized agency.
- How long does it take to receive the test result?
– The results will be ready in about 4 to 6 weeks.
- What is the pass mark?
– You must score 75% or higher in the two primary testing areas.
– If your scores below 70% in any of the test components – even if you achieves an overall average of 75% or better, you will not be eligible for certification.
- What will be indicated in my test result?
– You will receive a detailed report with mark for each sections of the test, including comments from the evaluators
- How hard is the test?
– Approximately 73% of candidates pass the test.
- What will happen if I pass the test?
– If you pass the test, you will receive certification in the target language and the agency administering the test will issue a certificate.
- What will happen if I fail the test?
– If you are not successful in receiving certification the first time you do the test, you can be retested.
- How long do I have to wait before doing a retest?
– A retest can be administered after a 3-month waiting period.
IWSO Language Services| IWSO Language Services is a division of Immigrant Women Services Ottawa